- Organize. Recruiters spend about 15-30 seconds reading resumes, use bold and italics to highlight important parts of your resume
- Action Words. Use action verbs to describe what you achieved at previous jobs or school
- Keep It To The Point: Remove old experience that is unrelated to the job you are applying for. Keep the recruiter interested by keeping experiences that are applicable to the job.
- Use Color: Use color to make your resume interesting and stand out. Don’t go too crazy with the color, a little goes a long way
- Spell Check: A recruiter will look no further if there is a spelling mistake on your resume, double check spelling
Not Feeling the Love from Recruiters? 5 ways to Spruce Up Your Resume
Posted in Career Advice