- Translate: There are hundreds, if not thousands, of acronyms or terminology specific to the military. Translate your experience into terms that anyone in the civilian world can understand. Translation example: Cargo Specialist> Distribution manager
- Highlight Your Transferable Skills:
- Being able to motivate a team is a highly desired skill, highlight your skills in managing and motivating a team in difficult environments.
- Problem Solving: In the Military you are faced with many problems that need to be resolved on the spot in sometimes precarious situations. Highlight that skill
- Include your medals and certificates: Although a hiring manager may not completely understand the certificates or medals it shows that you excelled in your position.
Resume Tips for Transitioning Military
Posted in National